Friday, October 24, 2008

“Brad Pitt”

“Mei San, something happened to our son,” said the father of Brad Pitt, Adib, with a nervous look. “Huh? You mean, Brad Pitt? What’s wrong with him? Or it?” asked me incredulously. “It’s cracked. I mean… it’s just a minor one… I’ll try to do something to it when I go back to Cendana. Probably someone has hurt it when it was put under Khairil’s desk,” quickly explained the father of the son, who, obviously, is worried. “Oh, since it’s cracked, we can’t do anything, can we?” asked me spontaneously, not even considering the consequences we might get for neglecting Brad Pitt’s safety and letting it hurt. Despite of the real identity, he, or it, anyway, is the son of Adib and me. Why am I so disregardful of Brad Pitt? Is it because of it’s simply an egg or because of the weak bonding between Adib and I? If the former is true, I’m still forgivable; but if the latter is exact, I’m then understood of the importance of loving someone imperfect perfectly before deciding of upgrading the love into an eternal responsibility-a new life-a baby.

Love is not about looking for someone perfect, it’s about looking at someone imperfect perfectly. Renowned for no one is perfect in this world, if I’m still blindly looking for a perfect lover who has charming look, shapely body, enormous abilities, noble background, and so forth, I’m actually searching for needle in haystack. Similarly, Adib is not a perfect guy; neither is he my ideal prince. I never think of having him as my life partner, but without any expectation, we are paired and awarded a son! Under the condition where I don’t love him (not at all), not even to say perfectly, I have no idea how to squeeze out mother's love and caring to Brad Pitt. Should I compare my situation to a pair of one-night-stand couples who accidentally got a baby afterward and decided to give the baby a chance of seeing this human world due to the remorse of sin if the chance is unlawfully plundered?

Reproduction, a process of generating offspring, which is to ensure the continuity and expansion of human species in order to know God, has been belittled by many people nowadays as an accident of the fulfillment of their sensual needs after a sexual activity, commonly known as “one-night-stand”. These people, although practice safe sex by using contraceptive tools such as condom, are unavoidable of “surprises” like getting sex diseases and pregnancy, and are reproachful of their behavior(ONS) especially for those who are not married. Likewise, I’ve learned a profound lesson from the cracking of Brad Pitt: even though I’m not readied and never expected to be taking care of him (or it), since in reality he (or it) does really exist, it’s my responsibility to make sure he’s well-conditioned and being taken a good care of. If otherwise, I’m guilty and sinful of the miscarriage of responsibility, and am identical to the one-night-stand patrons.

How noble and wise Brad Pitt is in waking me up of humanity’s two most significant senses: love someone imperfect perfectly and responsible of the sexual activity before marriage, disregard how attractive the person is, how unconscious I am, and how drunken we are. I hope it’s never too late to be awakened, though.

2 comments:

siti.mashitah said...

dear mei san....
"Is it because of it’s simply an egg or because of the weak bonding between Adib and I?"

my egg is in a safe n sound condition.(it fell once, i accidentally pushed it from under my table,so it fell onto the floor)
it's simply an egg.
but it's safe.
it think ur problem is that u have a weak bonding wif adib.
if u look at my situation, i as well have a weak bonding wif teck tze.
i realize that, so i decided to bcome a single mom in da first place.
haha. ;P

Unknown said...

haha.. cute mashi. =D